Picnic Day 2014
DATE AND LOCATION
· Friday 28th November at Clifton Gardens, Mosman. Parents, siblings and friends are warmly invited to join us.The children will be playing and swimming in the enclosed sea pool: there will be qualified Life Savers on duty. All teachers will be supervising the children and could use extra assistance for safe swimming supervision. Please contact your class teacher if you are available to assist.
INFORMATION FOR CHILDREN
· Arrive at school: Usual time by 8.25 am – all children must come to School for the Safety Talk at 8.40am. Late children will have to miss some of Picnic Day to hear the Safety talk after arrival at Clifton Gardens.
· Dress: Neat play clothes
· Bring: towel, sunhat, 30+ sunscreen (particularly those children who are sensitive to some brands). ALL CHILDREN ARE TO WEAR A RASH VEST OR T SHIRT WITH SLEEVES. We are aiming for maximum sun protection. If children do not bring this protective clothing they will not be allowed to swim.
- BOYS-board shorts recommended over briefs
- GIRLS-one piece bathing costume
- Everyone please bring a warm top in case of weather change.
· Lunch & morning tea: Please bring a packed lunch/morning tea plus drinks, treats. There is no shop available at the beach. Please bring all your requirements with you. Children can bring $5 for ice cream. Please note for children with nut allergies the ice cream van has nuts.
· To add to the picnic atmosphere, please feel welcome to send a small amount of cake, fruit, chips, treats etc. to share.
Please ensure all food meets the requirements of school policy:
- Vegetarian and 2. No nuts of any kind.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Parents are very welcome to join us for this wonderful day, but please be aware that teachers are responsible for the children all day. There are several roll calls during the day which the children must attend, and reapply sunscreen. Children must eat lunch with their class, parents are welcome to sit with the class for lunch. Children are only permitted to swim at designated times, when the Lifeguards are on duty.
Parents whose children are not returning by bus must sign the roll with your child’s teacher at 1.20pm.Those children can then continue playing/swimming under your supervision.
If a child has not been collected they will be returned to school on the bus. If there is a change of pick up arrangements on the day, the responsible teacher must be notified by the school office or the parent directly. A verbal message from another parent is not sufficient.
RETURN TRIP ONLY - Option of travel with parents/guardian: Swimming will finish at 1.15 pm. Please indicate on Permission Note (separate document emailed to you) how your child will return.
Bus Return from Clifton Gardens
There will be a return bus from Clifton Gardens arriving back at school at approx 2.45 pm. The school needs to know numbers returning to school to book this bus.
After School Care
After School care will be available for students returning to school from 2.45 until 6 pm.