John Colet School Speech Night details for students and parents
Speech Night Information Sheet
Date: Monday 1st December 2014
Time: 5.30pm – 7.00pm
Children are to arrive by 5.15pm at the latest and report directly to their teacher.
The Concert Hall on the Concourse
409 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood
Ph: 9411 8144
There is a council operated car park immediately below the venue.
Entrance is Ferguson Lane via Archer Street.
Additional car parking options are available at Westfield and Chatswood Chase shopping centres, a short walk from the venue.
Where to Enter:
There will be some Concourse staff to help and some signs in the lifts.
Ground Floor Level: via Victoria Ave at box office level
· No direct entry to concert hall from that level.
· You will need to use the internal lift or internal stairs to Level 1.
Level 1 (Concert Hall stalls) - All students and some parent seating
· Accessed via internal lifts or internal stairs from car park and ground floor.
· Accessed from external stairs from Victoria Avenue
Level 2 (Concert Hall dress circle) - Parent seating
· Accessed via internal lifts or internal stairs
Front Row Stalls: Mostly reserved seating for staff and speakers and their partners.
- Stalls from second row: The students will be seated downstairs in the stalls from the second row with their teachers. This will take up 2/3 of the downstairs stalls.
- Remaining stalls behind students: Remaining rows of the stalls are available for parents and families.
- Dress Circle Upstairs: Available for parents and families. Adults sitting upstairs above the podium from which the speeches are made, will not be able to see the speakers.
- Upstairs choir stalls behind stage: Please leave these vacant.
What to wear:
All students are to wear full summer uniform including blazers, hats and caps – no jumpers.
Shoes clean and polished
Uniforms clean and in good order
Hair neat. Navy blue ribbons, scrunchies, clips etc for girls
Correct coloured socks
All 6th class office holders to wear all their badges
There will be a printed program with more details on the evening.
- Procession: John Colet Choir
- Speeches: P&F President, Board of Governor’s Chairman, Headmaster, Head Boy, Head Girl.
- Prizes and Awards: Class prizes, special prizes, trophies, house shields etc
- 6th Class 2013 Graduation
- 2014 Office Holders announced (Head Boy and Girl, House Captains, Head Chorister)
- Final carol: Whole school and audience
- National Anthem: Whole school and audience
Children must be checked off by their class teacher.
Pick-up points will be published in the program.
After the event, please be aware that the children will be in uniform representing their school.